Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sunshine, smoothies and pumpkin pie

Today was a gorgeous, sunny day in Grenoble. Two day's worth of clouds and rain cleared away to unveil the newly snow capped Swiss Alps.  It was the perfect weather to sit outside and enjoy the view with a green smoothie...and so I did, beneath a big tree in my front yard, facing the mountains.  Shoes and socks came off, and I practiced some "grounding" by placing my feet right on the earth, skin-to-skin so to speak.
smoothie and sun below the tree
view of the Alps..not to shabby, eh?
apparently  I wasn't the only one enjoying the sunshine :)
Later this afternoon I met up with some of the other exchange students and brought my pumpkin pie.  It was fun to share and see their reactions.  And as far as I can tell, the pie was well received.  As Jeffery said, "it tastes like Fall".  I used chia seeds to give it a thick consistency since I don't have sunflower lecithin or irish moss around, which worked quite well.  The only thing I would change next time is to go easier on the ginger.  What a perfect pie for a raw Thanksgiving :).  Thanks Tara for the recipe and inspiration!
pumpkin pie topped with "candied" Grenoble walnuts

11 comments:

  1. I never tried pumpkin pie but it looks delicious !!
    It was also sunny in Paris (but colder I think)
    See u tomorrowwww
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe we can make something with pumpkin this weeken ;)
    see you sooooooooon xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should probably be there ... Hessam

    ReplyDelete
  4. ça a l'air délicieux ! c'est tout cru ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oui, Adeline, c'est tout cru!

    ReplyDelete
  6. tu partages la recette ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna know how you make it.... can you teach me?? or maybe you can tell me about some place I can read information.. I found it so interesante!!! besoss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tu t'amuses avec les noix de Grenoble toi lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adeline:
    la recette est simple
    mixer: pumpkin avec dates et canele, gingembre, autres epices que tu aimes, et chia seed
    croute: dates et noix et graines de tournesol

    Javivi!!! eres tu Javi? como estay? te cuento mas por facebook tal vez? obio que te enseno...creo que este sitio tiene information: http://www.institutobiologico.com/Alimentacion%20Crudivora.htm , pero en ingles, te recommiendo este: http://www.eatatprana.com/live-the-healthiest-life-ever
    besos y abrazos!

    ReplyDelete

Questions, reactions or advice? Leave me a comment!