Thursday, November 4, 2010

Raw in Paris

Oof, it's been a long time since I've written a post.  But that doesn't mean I've stopped raw-venturing.  Last weekend I returned to Paris, and this time I got to look around a little...

Bob's Juice Bar
Karma kombuch & smoothie
I started off by going to Bob's Juice Bar. Everyone had told me about it, so I knew I had to check it out.  They didn't have enough greens to make the green juice I was craving, but they did make me a sweet green-mango smoothie, and I found kombucha and raw chocolate too!  I haven't had kombucha since August, so this was quite the find.  I checked the label and Karma Kombucha is made in Paris.  Nice! Local and delicious.


Pousse-Pousse's chocolate cake!
The following day I went to Pousse-Pousse, a raw and not raw vegan restaurant in the 9th arrondissement.  Cozy yet elegant, Pousse-Pousse was just the raw haven I had hoped for.  Finally, I got my glass of freshly squeezed greens, and the highlight of meal was definitely dessert: a raw chocolate cake, YUM!  I also met some friendly expats, which made for some fun table-side conversation.  I will definitely return to Pousse-Pousse the next time I'm back in town.  

Carrot-ginger soup
In more recent news, I took a stab at making a carrot-ginger soup WITHOUT my beloved Vitamix blender.  Much to my surprise, the carrots gave way and I succeeded in making a very tasty soup.  No, it wasn't as creamy as it could have been, but the flavor was just right and the texture was...well, soupy!

4 comments:

  1. Haha, what a teeny tiny sliver of cake!
    I'm sure it was delicious... even though somewhat of a tease ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking me to the Pousse-Pousse restaurant, it was delicious & a great experience ! I hope we'll go back there soon :)
    Miss u !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Génial, Paris me manque parfois pour cela. Moi je vis à la campagne...

    ReplyDelete
  4. great info ! thanks, i have to check those places out !

    ReplyDelete

Questions, reactions or advice? Leave me a comment!