Monday, October 25, 2010

It just keeps on getting better

Curried cauliflower
Today was so abundant with raw food goodness:  Much to my surprise, there was a package full of raw food treats (including my favorite, KALE CHIPS) from my dad waiting for me at the post office.  I also started a fab pumpkin pie recipe (pictures to come), and I made a "fierce" (as my bestie Emily would say) salad and curried cauliflower dish.  I think I burned out my blender in the process of concocting the pie filling and creamy curry sauce...but it might have been time to upgrade from a mini blender anyway.  (Anyone have a food processor or blender they want to lend me through January?).  Finally, to top it off, my friend Stephanie tried an avocado for the first time.  And liked it.  Does it get more monumental than that?  One more person has experienced the joy of avocado...the world is a better place.


Fierce flowering salad
Sometimes veggies deserve a close up.  Flowering broccolini!
Perhaps last night Stephanie kicked off today's raw creativity.  She had the brilliant idea of hanging apple slices from the ceiling to make some dried apple rings.  Stephanie told me that's the way her grandma does it...I'd never dried anything without a dehydrator and at first I was a little skeptical, but it's only been 24 hours and those apples are drying beautifully! 
Freshly suspended 
24 hours later

3 comments:

  1. mmm those dishes are mouthwatering!
    i wonder how the apple slices will turn out... also pondering if you could also make your own kale crisps by hanging kale up to dry??
    might be interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the green flower like thing in your salad? I see that at the market and have always wondered.
    I have an old blender you can borrow. It requires a plug adapter, but it works well AND comes with an attachment for nut milks. Let me know if you want it and when you are coming to Paris.
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  3. beanpatch: hmm, hang drying kale chips? I don't know, that could get a little messy. Plus I never see kale here, don't know why...

    Tguch: The green flower thing is broccolini...so delicious! You should definitely buy it to taste next time you see it.
    I would LOVE to borrow your blender, thanks so much for offering! I'll send you a message about my travel plans...Bises :)

    ReplyDelete

Questions, reactions or advice? Leave me a comment!