Sunday, October 10, 2010

Raw company

I might have to take back what I said in my first post about being the only raw vegan in France. There exists another! Yesterday I came across Arletty Abady's insightful blog, L'Atelier Cruisine.  She's a raw vegan living in Paris and she organizes raw potlucks and gatherings...So if you're in Paris, get in touch with her!  I was also thrilled to learn that Arletty is bringing raw food guru, David Wolfe, to Paris to give a seminar Thursday and Friday October 21st-22nd.  OF COURSE I'm going.  And I'm super excited to connect with the raw community here!  In fact, I'm quite relieved:  I didn't realize how lonely I felt being raw in France until I found out I wasn't alone at all.
Lovely lettuce at Place Saint-André
Today I made my weekly shopping trip to the organic local market at Place Saint-André in the city center.  Every morning Thursday through Sunday you will find a handful of local farmers (even gardeners!) selling the best produce around: Heirloom tomatoes, flowers, walnuts, honey, herbs, a wide array of greens and more!

La Ferme des Pras Olive Tapenade
There was also an incredible flea market across the river at Quai St. Laurent and Quai Mounier today.  It put any flea market I've ever visited to shame.  This place had everything from jewlery to furniture to ancient French postcards...postcards that have actually been sent!  And the stands went on for what felt like miles.  I was also happy to see the local producer, La Ferme des Pras, selling their olive tapenade that I bought mid-September at the YESS eco-festival at Parc Mistral.   I got some more and ate it for lunch today with some delicious flax chips my friends from Prana sent me.  So yummy! 


I will leave you one of my recent raw creations: avocado rosemary soup topped with broccoli, heirloom tomatoes, hemp seed, dulse, and my very own homegrown alfalfa sprouts.  Bon appétit and Happy 10-10-10!
Rosemary Avo Soup

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that soup looks absolutely delicious... care to ship me a bowl? Or perhaps enough to fit into a (small) hot tub... so I can swim in it... mmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone, we are the first Francophone Raw vegan social Network since 2008, join us
    http://ccru.free.fr
    Love
    Cedricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. MERCI Cedrica! I've already joined your network...
    Love n light,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. la soupe a l'air délicieuse !

    ReplyDelete

Questions, reactions or advice? Leave me a comment!