Saturday, October 9, 2010

French fig heaven

When I woke up this morning I found a wonderful surprise outside my door:
 What a delicious way to start the day!  On my list of favorite things, figs have gotta be up there--and I think my friends Stephanie and Carrie figured that one out :).  Fig trees are everywhere in Grenoble.  When I first arrived here I was in french fig heaven.  I'd never seen a fig tree before, let alone pick one!  It didn't take long for me to develop a keen eye for the unique foliage of the fig tree.  Now I snack on this fabulous fruit almost every day as I spot trees on my walk to and from school.
The fig I ate this morning!
Sadly, fig season is nearing its end.  So if you're in France, pick 'em while they're fresh!

A fig tree overhanging my neighbor's fence. If it's over the fence it's free game, right?

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet surprise...
    Your friends are so thoughtful and equally sweet :D

    Great photographs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Questions, reactions or advice? Leave me a comment!